Helping Businesses Thrive
Whether your business has been in Ashland for many years or are just getting started, we want to work with you to make sure your business has the opportunity to thrive. Our local businesses are an important part of our community which help makes Ashland a great place to live and work. The Town of Ashland wants to hear from you! Please let us know how we can help your business succeed and continue to be an important partner in Ashland’s economic landscape!
Massachusetts Small Business Development Center at Clark University (SBDC)
The Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network Central Regional Office provides free and confidential one-to-one management advice and technical assistance to prospective and existing small businesses. Their business advisors will assist you in developing your business plan, marketing plan, financials, cash flows and other areas critical to ensuring a successful venture. Often times, they will also act as a common access point for financing, and upon evaluation by their staff, can recommend or even introduce owners to the appropriate federal, state or local financing sources. An expert business counselor is available at the MetroWest Chamber of Commerce office on Thursdays. Contact the Chamber Office to schedule an appointment at (508) 879-5600.
Congratulations on launching your business here in Ashland! Now that you’re established, it’s important to keep your business present and relevant.
5 Tools to be a Resilient Business
1. Mindset: Choose a positive perspective and look for opportunities.
2. Understand yourself and your business.
3. Decide...am I in or am I out?
4. Be clear on what you CAN and CANNOT impact.
5. Don't let false expectations get in the way of what you do. Just because others make it look easy doesn't always mean it's right for you.
*Tips provided by Suzan Czajkowski, M.A., PCC
Digital Marketing Consultant & Communication Coach
Great Websites are important, as they establish your business, and frequently are your opportunity at a first impression.
- Have clean lines
- Legible Font
- Adhere to your brand (fonts, color schemes match)
- Are easy to navigate
- Have updated & correct information
- Are mobile accessible
- Load in less than 10 seconds
- Found on the first page of search engine results @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Create a marketing plan. Make your messages relevant to your purpose
- Have correct social media platforms for your specific audience demographics.
- Usernames match across all platforms and align with your website
- Updating social media platforms frequently
- Engage with customers. Have your account facilitate 2- way communication, not act as a megaphone
- Check Analytics and Insights for feedback
- View competitors social media accounts for additional feedback
- The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Image Sizes in 2021 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 6 Ways to Engage Your Organic Search Traffic on Social Media- 2020
- 7 Mistakes To Avoid When Promoting Your Small Business Facebook Page
- Tips for Customer Service
- The Dos and Don'ts Creating Brand Recognition for Your Small Business
- Boosting Your Brand Through Social Media Engagement [Infographic]
- Branding Advice for Your Startup
- Tips for Responding to Negative Feedback
- 2022 Social Media Marketing Trends Survey Key Findings
- You're Toolkit for Marketing Tools in 2022
- 26 Predictions for Social Media Marketing in 2022
- Earn Money with Instagram Reels
- This is how often you should post on Instagram
- How to post to Instagram from Desktop
- All things Social Media @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>