September 16, 2023
66 Front Street
Ashland , MA 01721
Cookbook Club: "Provisions: The Roots of Caribbean Cooking" *For Adults
Saturday, September 16, 2023
We're so excited about our Cookbook Club at the Ashland Public Library! For this meeting we are focusing on recipes from "Provisions: The Roots of Caribbean Cooking" by Michelle Rousseau and Suzanne Rousseau. In Provisions , Michelle and Suzanne Rousseau share 150 recipes that pay homage to the meals and market produce that have been farmed, sold, and prepared by Caribbean people -- particularly the women -- for centuries.
Please register so we know how much cutlery to have on hand. But, make whatever you want - we're fine if recipes are duplicated!
How it works:
- Get the book from the library or order it from the library catalog. (If you can't find this book, please use any recipe you can find that adheres to the theme.)
- Pick a recipe from "Provisions: The Roots of Caribbean Cooking".
- Make enough to share (for about 10 people) and bring your own serving utensils.
- Come to the library and be prepared to eat, share, chat, and connect over food.
- We'll be talking about what you liked or didn't like about the cookbook, how you picked your recipe, and if you modified it at all.
Per the Public Health Department:
- This is a potluck event, the food is donated and shared, it does not come from a licensed kitchen.
- The library is not liable for allergies but all cooks are encouraged to bring an ingredient card with their food so we can be aware of allergens.
- Attendees must contribute to participate.
We cannot guarantee that there will be gluten free or vegetarian/vegan options as attendees will choose the dishes they will make. We will, though, have individual meetings that focus on various topics that may feature these kinds of choices.
Sign Up for our Newsletter!