January 14, 2023
66 Front Street
Ashland , MA 01721
Cookbook Club: Cook From Your Heritage *For Adults
Saturday, January 14, 2023
We're loving our Cookbook Club at the Ashland Public Library! For this meeting we are trying something different and instead of picking a particular cookbook for our recipes we are instead asking everyone to "Cook from Your Heritage." Have a favorite recipe that reflects your heritage or perhaps a family tradition? Cook up a batch and come on down and join us! Be sure to also bring a copy of the recipe itself to share with the group.
Please register so we know how much cutlery to have on hand. But, make whatever you want - we're fine if recipes are duplicated!
How it works:
- Get the book from the library or order it from the library catalog. (not this month)
- Pick a recipe from your heritage or a family tradition.
- Make enough to share (for about 10 people) and bring your own serving utensils.
- Come to the library and be prepared to eat, share, chat, and connect over food.
- We'll be talking about how you picked your recipe and how it reflects you heritage or family tradition.
Per the Public Health Department:
- This is a potluck event, the food is donated and shared, it does not come from a licensed kitchen.
- The library is not liable for allergies but all cooks are encouraged to bring an ingredient card with their food so we can be aware of allergens.
- Attendees must contribute to participate.
We cannot guarantee that there will be gluten free or vegetarian/vegan options as attendees will choose the dishes they will make. We will, though, have individual meetings that focus on various topics that may feature these kinds of choices.
This program is sponsored by the Friends of the Ashland Public Library.
Sign Up for our Newsletter!