About the Council
The mission of the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) and its Local Cultural Council (LCC) partners is "to promote excellence, access, education and diversity in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences, in order to improve the quality of life for all Massachusetts residents and to contribute to the economic vitality of our communities.
The MCC provides grants to individuals and organizations and through local councils which grant the funds to community individuals and organizations.
The legislature establishes a local aid formula each year to determine each LCCs fund allocation. A minimum allocation is set so even small communities receive a significant amount of money.
(Appointments are 3 year terms and a member shall not be appointed to more than two consecutive terms)
- Enter Stage Left theatre production Hello Dolly
- Making Books after-school program at the Library
- Music performances at the Mill Pond Rest Home
- Potter at the Historical Society
- Support for the New England Wild Flower Society’s Earth Day Program
- Tanglewood Marionettes at the Pittaway School